Definition of problem :
- Something that needs a solution
- Can be either positive or negative
- Frequencies :
- Chronic : On going and Accepted problems
- Spasmodic : sudden change to normal process
Problem levels :
- Level 0 - Abnormality only affecting those directly related to the process and contained.
- Level 1 - Abnormality that affects the processes ability to achieve Q,C and D.
- Level 2 - Abnormality that affects the next process and may have an impact on the final customer.
- Level 3 - Abnormality that has affected the final customer.
Analysis of problems :
- Tools which are used to obtain and structure ideas during the problem solving cycle
- Tools that are used to gather and analysis numerical data during the problem solving cycle.
Problem Solving principles :
- Problem Definition
- Identify Root Cause
- Customer Protection and Countermeasure(s)
- Confirm Effectiveness of Countermeasure
- Feedback / Feed forward
Problem solutions types :
This looks at putting in place solutions prior to abnormalities occurring. Best identified during the design stage prior to transfer to manufacturing using Advanced Quality Tools.
This looks at the current standards and by analysing data using the 7 quality control tools seeks to make kaizen improvements.
This looks at the abnormalities that have occurred and by gathering and analysing data using some of the 7 quality control tools aims to provide a customer protection and countermeasure .