Definition of a typical process :
“A structured set of (VA) activities that transform a set of inputs into specified outputs to provide value to customers and stakeholders“
Reengineering definition :
“Re-engineering is a fundamental challenge and radical redefinition of processes to obtain significant improvements in Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Service.”
Business Process Reengineering is often associated with step change and rapid implementation.
Principles of Process Reengineering :
- Principle 1 : Simplify the process
- Principle 2 : Simplify the complexity loop
- Principle 3 : Identify the Value Chains that exist
- Eliminate any activity that does not add value
- Simplification is the Key
- Principle 4 : The value chain is in movement - Eliminate anything that interrupts the flow!
Information or materials must not be constrained or restricted.
They are being processed to add value.
- Principle 5 : Balance the Flow to Maximise it
All Organisations Consist of 20 Lane Motorways and Narrow Bridges
We need to identify the narrow bridges (constraints) and ensure a consistent flow of materials and information.
Constraints can be :
- People - lack of training, lack of awareness.
- Poor information flows – slow, paper based, not integrated or direct.
- Poor design of the value adding system (often no design at all)
- Principle 6: Anything that “costs” must add value
“Before saying how a Process should be performed we must make sure to understand what the process should achieve.”
Teamwork is Key :
- Multi-disciplinary Team
- Kaizen approach
- Specific Mandate
- Short Delays
- Responsible Team
Business Process Reengineering will not work without involving the right people
Business Process Reengineering phases :
To know more or need help : please contact : atemi-consulting.fr
Found this article interesting ? please don't hesitate to "like"