What is a A3 Report ?
A process used to document and report solutions to problems established within any area of the organisation. This differs from other types of report in the way that all information is disclosed on an A3 sheet.
- Post result analysis
- Learning points
- A3 Reports offer a simple and structured approach to reporting solutions to problems.
- A3 Reports are particularly effective in demonstrating to third parties the development stages of a fault, in reaching a solution.
- A3 Reports reveal the actions taken, or to be taken, in eradicating faults.
- A3 Reports reflect the benefits of implementing a particular methods to a problem, with the provision of justification.
- Essentially, A3 Reports leads to the identification & elimination of waste, in order to control processes
A3 reports benefits :
- Helps define a standard for all to use.
- Provides a clear and concise method of reporting information.
- Method of operation is visible and accessible to all.
- Can promote communication, and team working.
- Leads to reduction of waste.
- A continuous improvement activity.
- Creates efficient working environment.